The Sinners Club - By Kate Pearce

The Sinners Club - Book 1
Total Pleasure

Unsure of his reception, Jack Lennox adopts the guise of his own secretary upon returning to his ancestral home to claim his father's earldom. When he arrives, he's stunned to discover the previous earl's lovely young widow, a woman of beguiling curves and sensual smiles, warming the bed...

Absolute Surrender

Mary Lennox is determined to remain in Pinchbeck Hall and a mere secretary isn't going to tell her otherwise. But Jack Smith is a man of many talents and soon she's succumbing to his erotic games of pleasure. Only Mary may have underestimated the intensity of her wanton longings and the depths of Jack's dark desires...
Bazinga was this book full of surprises. First of all I wasn't expecting this book to be set in the 1800's - one look at this cover and I was not thinking historical romance. Secondly, I wasn't expecting it to be historical erotica - is there even such a genre? If there is I had yet to stumble across it until The Sinners Club and hot dayum I think I love it. Pearce creates the perfect 1800's society with a slash of risque slightly modern erotic sexual encounters. There were so many twists and turns I wasn't expecting and every character has so much more depth to their story than it initially seemed. Pearce is truly a magician with sexual exploits. I don't think I've ever enjoyed a M/M encounter more than in this novel.

Much as I loved the characters I was confused about Jack's interest in/love of Mary. I didn't read the blurb so I hadn't set them up as "the couple" and had thought Jack liked Simon more. The reason being I hadn't seen Mary and Jack's relationship develop beyond random encounters but maybe I was more focused on Simon. Jack and Mary treated each other like equals and Simon as the addition yet for emotional depth, I felt the connection with Simon as better developed. I was irritated with how nasty Jack and Mary became with each other when they believed themselves to be betrayed. While I wasn't utterly convinced by Jack and Mary I was satisfied with their happy ever after, if a little bit curious of Simon's role in their future lives.

*SPOILER ALERT*

I must slide in quickly I was a little perturbed by the dodgy old Earl moving his daughter in to watch his antics with Simon. Even if no one knows whether the Earl knew for certain or not it was still - ugh. Couple that with the knowledge Mary and Jack discovering they were cousins and I was probably more unsettled than I wanted to be at the end of the book.
*SPOILER END*

4/5
xxx Literary George
Buy: Amazon, Kobo, B&N
Thank you to NetGalley, Kate Pearce and Kensington Books for the copy.
Was this review helpful? Vote YES on Amazon


The Sinners Club (The Sinners Club, #1)


No comments:

Post a Comment